The Alcuin Retreat for Classical Educators
Location: The Campus of Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY
Annual Alcuin Retreat: October 24-26, 2019, Louisville
Annual Alcuin Retreat: Faith, Hope, and Love and the Renewal of Classical Education
Each year the Alcuin Fellowship conducts a retreat for up to 35 classical educators from around the country. We purposely keep the retreat small to encourage great conversation and fellowship.
While several of the Alcuin Fellows will present on topics they have been studying throughout the year, we typically invite a guest presenter to come and present and join the conversations.
Each year we choose a theme or two for the retreat, usually based on the topics that the fellows have been studying.
Here are the elements of the retreat:
- Two and half days in length (Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning)
- This year’s theme: The Christian Paideia of the Liberal and Common Arts
- 15 Fellows present leading the retreat and engaging others in conversations
- Presenting Alcuin Fellows: Dr. Brian Williams, Mr. Christopher Hall
- Presentations: Two presentations each day with plenty of time for conversation and discussion
- When: October 24-26, 2019
- Where: The campus of Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY
- Host and Moderator: Dr. Christopher Perrin
- Reading/Retreat Text: The Didiscalicon by Hugh of St. Victor
- Registration: Educators may register for the Retreat at the SCL website here.
- Contact person: Christopher Perrin ( email@example.com)
Retreat Location: Southern Seminary, Louisville, KY
See the Map Below